Friday, July 23, 2010

Process: post #5




Here you can see an example of what I was trying to explain in an earlier post. When I'm laying in the local color of an object I'll go over the whole thing loosely with a larger diameter brush so I can get a little variation in the coverage without it looking strokey (I made that word up). Then I'll go back and erase everything outside the lines using the "Pointed Wet Eraser". This tool erases only watercolor that hasn't yet been "dried". (To dry a layer, just go to the drop down menu in the Layers window and select "Dry Digital Watercolor". This allows you to paint over something on the same layer without replacing it, as it does when it's still wet). I usually prefer to just create another layer, in case I want to go back and change something later.

No comments: