Monday, March 14, 2011

Process: post #10



Hey, remember this?? Yeah, I haven't forgotten about it, I've just been working on it in bits and pieces since school started back up. Anyway, here's where I am at this point. You can see I've developed the colors a bit more and started to develop the dimension and volume by broadening the value range. I also started going into some areas with a conte brush to pull out the form with some opaque highlights, etc. I had this idea of painting drop shadows around some of the important foreground elements to try and create a flat layered look ... almost like the multiplane camera used in traditional animation. This will (theoretically) give it sort of a cut-paper illustration look. Not sure if I'll keep it in the end. I kinda dig the simplicity of the flat watercolor look, but we'll see how this approach works out. Maybe I'll do a both. Stay tuned ...

1 comment:

briana said...

Jesus still wins. :)